We invite you to join us for 3 nights of fun, fly fishing and learning in the Great Smoky Mountains. Festivities kick off when you join us on THURSDAY afternoon to get settled in to your Luxury Glamping accommodations by the river and enjoy a wine and cheese Welcome Reception around the campfire.
THURSDAY evening we will all gather in the Clubhouse for an introduction to Fly Fishing the Wild Trout Paradise that is the Great Smoky Mountains National Park presented by R&R Fly Fishing then followed by local BBQ from Smokin’ Joes
FRIDAY starts the day with a group breakfast followed by streamside instruction on reading the water by Charity Rutter of R&R Fly Fishing. Then we will pack up our lunches and head into the Great Smoky Mountains National Park to explore some of the 1,000 miles of the wild trout streams. Dinner will be served at the clubhouse followed by time around campfire or in the pool Friday night.
SATURDAY will be filled with more time on the river and lots of time for laughs and stories around the campfire after dinner! We’re planning a fun cook out for Saturday night!
SUNDAY morning check out at your leisure and have a lovely brunch before we leave camp. Pair up with a buddy to spend the day on the river, or take your time to explore the area before you head home. Townsend and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park have so much to offer.
Our “Glampsite” is steps away from Little River and you can see the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park from Camp! Each Luxury Glamping Tent includes: 2 Bedrooms/1 Bathroom/Kitchenette/Indoor Dining Space/Covered Porch. These tents marry the magical wilderness atmosphere with the comforts of home with a view of the river. Accommodations are furnished with generous amenities including plush bedding, a bathroom and heat & air conditioning. Your tent features an extra level of luxury with a covered porch, wooden interior walls.
The tents marry a magical wilderness atmosphere with the comforts of home with a view of the river. Accommodations are furnished with generous amenities including plush bedding, a bathroom and heat & air conditioning. Your tent features an extra level of luxury with a covered porch, wooden interior walls separating living spaces, as well as a small kitchen and dining area.
Full use of all camp amenities including:
- Private Riverfront Access
- Swimming pool
- Coffee Shop
- Additional Bath House
- Community Garden
- Basketball Court
- We have 3 Luxury Glamping Tents reserved for this event.
- You can choose to share a room in the Bunk Room (2 single bunks) or have a larger room and bed to yourself in the Queen Room. (You also have the option to share the Queen Room with a friend – but we will not pair you with a stranger to share a bed.)
- Space is limited to 12 women
- 3 Nights lodging
- Thursday night Reception and Dinner
- Friday & Saturday – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Educational Presentations on Fly Fishing in the Smokies, Women in Fly Fishing and Improving Your Cast with Jen Ripple and Charity Rutter
- Streamside Instruction on Reading the Water and Where to Fish
- Sunday Brunch
- All camp gear, bedding and towels are supplied in luxury tents.
What you should bring with you:
- TN Fishing license with a trout stamp is recommended for our camp. You can get licenses in advance online at Tennessee: https://license.gooutdoorstennessee.com/Licensing/CustomerLookup.aspx. Since we are camping on the river just outside of the National Park boundary, a trout stamp is required to fish the waters at camp. Fishing for rainbow trout and smallmouth is good through camp. Your TN fishing license is good for fishing in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park wild trout streams.
- Rod & Reel: 7 1/2′-9′ for 3-5 weight line for Smokies streams
- Lightweight Waders & Felt Sole Wading Boots: Rubber sole boots are a poor choice for wading in the Smokies and are dangerous. Felt soles are the only ones we recommend. Since we are fishing the end of May, it may be warm enough to wet wade using only neoprene booties and wading boots. However, afternoon rain showers are common and you may stay warmer in waders. We can rent boots and/or waders with advance notice. We need your boot and wader size to bring the appropriate gear.
- Quick Dry/Wicking shirts and shorts/pants. Wearing quick dry or breathable clothing and socks will make you more comfortable whether wearing waders or not.
- Polarized Sunglasses – so you can see the fish and for safety so you can see where you are stepping in the river
- Subdued colored clothing for fishing – greens, greys, browns, muted blues
- Fishing Cap – also in subdued colors for fishing the park or large brim hat for tailwater trips.
- Lightweight Rain Jacket – Short rain showers are common
- Backpack, Duffle Bag or Gear Bag: With all the gear and accessories you’ll be bringing, we recommend you put all your belongings in a bag for easy transport as we head up the river.
- Pack your favorite camp clothes for 3 nights at camp and 3 days playing in the river.
- Toiletries – each Luxury Tent has a bathroom with shower. There are also additional bath houses at camp.
- River/Beach Towel if you choose to swim while at camp.v
- Swimsuit & Water Shoes/Sandals
- Light jacket/sweatshirt/fleece for the cool mountain mornings and eveningsv
- Refillable Water Bottle and Coffee Cup/Travel Mug
- Bunkroom Single Bed/Shared Room – $850.00 per person
- Queen/Private Room – $1,000.00 per person
- Queen Room shared with your friend – $800.00 per person
Event will be held at a Townsend campground at the entrance of Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee.
50% Deposit Holds Your Reservation – Make Deposit Online or Call: 865-448-0467
This is the 2nd edition of this Women’s Fly Fishing Event in the beautiful little town of Cascapedia-St-Jules (Qc), home of the famous Grand Cascapedia River. Last year’s event was a great success, kicking the weekend off with a Mimosa & Coffee, with a full morning presentation about the basics of fly fishing. The rest of the weekend was split up between 3 stations (Flies & Knots, Casting single hand and finally, Spey casting) that instructors hosted for the ladies. We visited the local fly shop Sexton & Sexton’s where the girls were able to view all the gear and essentials & ask their questions to the manager.
30 women, new to the sport or well advanced, took part and LOVED their experience. Delicious meals from local cooks and catering companies were provided, as well as amazing prizes at the end of the weekend.
This year, we had a total of 60 spots available to fill in (Almost full already) and the weekend will have the same sort of layout as last year, with obviously more guides and instructors. Wherever you are from, feel free to message me and take part in this fun, chill, knowledge filled weekend! A great way to discover or cultivate the passion for fly fishing, not to mention the Saturday night evening is a party you don’t want to miss!
This a the only 50/50 on the water event in the province of QC and it is a Bilingual event (French and English).
Here is a link to a short YouTube video of a recap from the 1st edition, to show the vibe of the weekend! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlft1qpaH4w
As soon as all women are registered, we take care of asking who needs what so that the weekend of, everyone has all the gear they need. Anything that you have for your fly fishing needs is good to bring (Waders, boots, rod, reel) but if you don’t have the equipment, just drop me a line and we will have something for you to borrow the weekend of. Sunscreen, water, paper and pen to take notes, lip balm and whatever you think you might want to have with you.
Send a private message to Lyne Sexton’s Fishing Page “Fly Fishing Sexton Girl” https://business.facebook.com/flyfishingsextongirl/
Event will be held at Cascapedia River Society in Cascapedia-Saint-Jules in Quebec, Canada.
Join us for our 2-day women’s fly fishing school where we aspire to educate and inspire women in a supportive, fun, and noncompetitive environment. Pick up a fly rod at the Orvis Manchester Fly-Fishing School, situated in the heart of Vermont’s Green Mountains and you’ll leave with the knowledge and know-how to cast like a seasoned angler. Our expert instructors help you with everything from setting up the rod, to fly selection and knots, to how to safely release your catch. Fishing classes are held in our state-of-the-art schoolhouse situated directly across from the Orvis Flagship Store, on our fully-stocked casting pond, and out on the famed Battenkill.
You’ll cover it all at the Manchester, Vermont Fly-Fishing School:
- Fly casting techniques
- Essential fly fishing knots
- How to choose your gear and tackle
- Stream entomolgy (the science of insects)
- Proper fly selection
- How to read water and currents
- How to play, land, and safely release fish
Hey Ladies – it’s almost time for the largest women’s fly fishing event in Montana, the United States, and well, probably the world! The River’s Edge and Simms Fishing Products are hosting the 11th Annual Chica de Mayo! This ladies fly fishing event will be held at The River’s Edge WEST and Simms Fishing Products. This year we are excited for our expanded schedule and we hope you’ll attend it ALL! That said, all of these events are optional and participants can pick and choose what they would like to attend. Please note that Saturday morning sessions require advanced sign-up!
We’ll kick things off on Friday night with a social and SIMMS Trunk Show at Bozeman Spirits Distillery in beautiful downtown Bozeman. On Saturday morning, we will hold special, sign up-required educational sessions. In the afternoon, we’ll offer several NEW and fantastic educational clinics for you to learn, ask questions, and fine-tune your fly fishing skills. These clinics are FREE and will be hosted by some of the best in the field and of course, there will be incentives for your participation. We are also thrilled to welcome Anne Marie Emery as our guest speaker. Anne Marie is a passionate conservationist and angler who has dedicated her career to protecting wild trout waters in Idaho and Montana. She is currently the Executive Director of The Bighorn River Alliance. Anne Marie will share her passions and journey with us and we can’t wait! The Casting for Recovery Crew and The Pink Drift boat will be on hand and there will be some great opportunities to fundraise for this important cause. Did we mention there will be fantastic prizes, plenty of fun, and a cocktail party to round out the day? So, grab a girlfriend and come hang out with some fun and fishy women at the 11th annual #chicademayo!
For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call The River’s Edge at 406.586.5373 or 406.284.2401.
Ladies are welcome to bring their own fly rods to use if they plan to attend casting instruction.
Event will be held at The River’s Edge – West in Bozeman, Montana.
Get More Info
Our intermediate school will be taught by Abbie Schuster of Kismet Outfitters and will focus on fishing streamers and nymphs during the prime season for landlocked salmon on Grand Lake Stream in eastern Maine. Pricing includes use of all equipment, private lodging, all meals and 2 1/2 days of instruction with Abbie. As a multi-day school rather than a casting class, you will learn all aspects of fly fishing that will include knots to how to handle a fish, wading safety and proper presentation of a fly, fly selection, reading the water, entomology and a whole lot more.
We can provide waders and fly rods and we sell licenses at our lodge. You will need all personal clothing appropriate for early season fishing in Maine. We have complete gear lists on our web site.
Call our lodge at 877-796-5558 or email us at email@example.com to Register.
Bring your girlfriends… wine + fly fishing! Need we say more?
We are hosting our 4th annual fly fishing Ladies Night!
- Learn how to or improve your fly cast and participate in our fun casting course
- Practice knots with our interactive tying table
- Learn how to read water and handle fish @keepemwetfishing
- Enjoy a glass, or two, of wine
- Try on all new 2019 gear from Orvis, Simms, and Raging River Sales
- Take advantage of a 20% OFF STOREWIDE SALE*
- Demo G. Loomis and Orvis rods
- Enter into our raffles for some BIG items… details to follow!
- Shop local, women-centered businesses
- Sign up for our Spring learn to fly fish classes at a discounted price. Women’s specific and spey casting classes available!
We are proud to have two awesome women on staff and are stoked to be a part of this wonderful community. Our goal with this event is to be the go-to shop in town for female anglers… no matter your skill level! #uniteatladiesnight. Whether it’s your first time or you’re the next Joan Wulff, we want to help you start your fly fishing season off right! Women and men… we welcome you with open arms! And as always… wine 🙂 #5050onthewater.
With your $10 purchase, you receive:
- Logo wine glass
- Ladies Night lanyard (handmade by FlyVines in Missoula) with your Ladies Night kit, including two glasses of wine on us!
- Two free raffle tickets
- And much more!
Non-alcoholic options available. No purchase necessary. All fly fishing gear is provided. Just bring yourself, your friends, extra layers to keep warm (if need be), and be ready for a good time!
No registration needed, just RSVP if you are joining us! And stay tuned, we will be adding videos with all the goodies and fun to be had, leading up to the evening!https://www.facebook.com/events/2015896991792704/
(*some restrictions apply)
Event will be held at Blackfoot River Outfitters in Missoula, Montana.
Get More Info
This is an all-day event for women interested in learning the basics involved in fly fishing or to improve their skills to the intermediate level. The workshop will cover equipment, knots, and learning to cast. Rods and reels will be provided if needed. The women who teach this workshop have been fly fishing, guiding, and teaching for many years. They bring an approach that is uniquely suited to women who want to learn or improved their fly fishing skills. You will be outside casting, so make sure you bring warm layers, a rain jacket, and a water bottle. Lunch is provided.
Instructors: Leslie Dal Lago (Three Rivers Ranch Guide- Orvis endorsed), Maggie Heumann (Manager of Orvis Jackson Hole)
Rods & Reels can be provided, if needed. Bring warm layers, rain gear, water bottle, and a good attitude!
To register, please call Jimmy’s All Seasons Angler at 208-524-7160 or visit https://snakerivercutthroats.org/ for more info.
Join us Saturday, March 9th at the Gallatin River Lodge in Bozeman, Montana for a women’s wader & boot fitting!
When it comes to waders, finding the perfect fit can be difficult and as a small fly shop it is hard to keep every size in stock. Waderpalooza is a great opportunity for women to try on Orvis, Patagonia, Redington and Simms waders. Thats right, all four brands will be represented with full size runs of boots as well!
Casting for Recovery will be selling raffle tickets for the opportunity to win a complete fly fishing gear setup including a rod, reel, boots, and waders! FREE drinks and hors d’oeuvres will be provided by Gallatin River Lodge during the event.
If you have struggled to find a pair waders or boots. This is the opportunity to finally get into the perfect fit & learn the differences in each brand!
Reps from each brand will be there to present & assist on their waders & boots. Karlie Roland, our old shop employee will also be there to assist on the fitting.
Request More Info Join Dave & Amelia Jensen for a week at Carrileufu River Lodge. Situated in the middle of a complex network of lakes and rivers located between the snow-capped Andes and the arid steppes of Chubut Province, this area provides anglers with ideal access to some of the best fly fishing for trout in Patagonia. On top of their lifetimes spent fly fishing, over a decade of travel has proven Dave and Amelia Jensen some of the finest anglers and teachers out there. Their passion to share the wonders of the world of fly fishing is part of who they are, and we are grateful to have Dave and Amelia for a third year of producing Orvis’ Advanced Tactics “Master-Class Monday” video series. They can’t wait to get out on the water with you soon! TRIP HIGHLIGHTS:
- Learn fishing trips and techniques from your hosts, Dave and Amelia Jensen.
- Float and wade fish in freestone rivers, spring creeks, gin-clear lakes and the world-famous Rio Rivadavia.
- Experience an optional 3-day wilderness float on the rarely-fished Rio Chubut.
- Comfortable accommodations in a scenic mountain valley overlooking the Tres Picos.
- Seven nights’ accommodations (double occupancy)
- Six days of guided fishing (2 anglers per guide)
- Meals and beverages during your stay
- Laundry service
- Transportation between fishing locations
- Transfer to/from Esquel or Bariloche airport*
Request More Info Join Dave & Amelia Jensen for a week at Estancia Tecka’s Headquarters Lodge. Tecka is one of the largest working cattle and sheep ranches in South America and has two major trout streams flowing right through the middle of it, in splendid isolation. You’ll rarely see another person near these rivers, except for the estancia’s gauchos on horseback. With over 435,000 acres of land, you’ll often feel as if you’re the only one fishing in Patagonia. On top of their lifetimes spent fly fishing, over a decade of travel has proven Dave and Amelia Jensen some of the finest anglers and teachers out there. Their passion to share the wonders of the world of fly fishing is part of who they are, and we are grateful to have Dave and Amelia for a third year of producing Orvis’ Advanced Tactics “Master-Class Monday” video series. They can’t wait to get out on the water with you soon! TRIP HIGHLIGHTS:
- Learn fishing trips and techniques from your hosts, Dave and Amelia Jensen.
- Reserved for fly-fishing only, the Rio Corcovado runs wild and clear across the pampas and through 45 miles of the vast Estancia Tecka.
- Enjoy opportunities to wade fish over 40 miles of private beats on the Tecka River, a classic, meandering spring creek.
- Indulge in classical Argentine and Patagonian cuisine while drinking top, Argentinian wines.
- Seven nights’ accommodations at Estancia Tecka’s Headquarters Lodge (double occupancy)
- Six days of guided fishing on the Rio Corcovado and the Rio Tecka (2 anglers per guide)
- Meals and beverages during your stay
- Laundry service
- Fishing licenses
- Transportation throughout the ranch
- Transfer to/from Esquel airport