- This event has passed.
Women on the Water in the Woods – Glamping and Fly Fishing in the Great Smoky Mountains – Townsend, TN
May 30 @ 3:00 pm - June 2 @ 3:00 pm$800
We invite you to join us for 3 nights of fun, fly fishing and learning in the Great Smoky Mountains. Festivities kick off when you join us on THURSDAY afternoon to get settled in to your Luxury Glamping accommodations by the river and enjoy a wine and cheese Welcome Reception around the campfire.
THURSDAY evening we will all gather in the Clubhouse for an introduction to Fly Fishing the Wild Trout Paradise that is the Great Smoky Mountains National Park presented by R&R Fly Fishing then followed by local BBQ from Smokin’ Joes
FRIDAY starts the day with a group breakfast followed by streamside instruction on reading the water by Charity Rutter of R&R Fly Fishing. Then we will pack up our lunches and head into the Great Smoky Mountains National Park to explore some of the 1,000 miles of the wild trout streams. Dinner will be served at the clubhouse followed by time around campfire or in the pool Friday night.
SATURDAY will be filled with more time on the river and lots of time for laughs and stories around the campfire after dinner! We’re planning a fun cook out for Saturday night!
SUNDAY morning check out at your leisure and have a lovely brunch before we leave camp. Pair up with a buddy to spend the day on the river, or take your time to explore the area before you head home. Townsend and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park have so much to offer.
Our “Glampsite” is steps away from Little River and you can see the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park from Camp! Each Luxury Glamping Tent includes: 2 Bedrooms/1 Bathroom/Kitchenette/Indoor Dining Space/Covered Porch. These tents marry the magical wilderness atmosphere with the comforts of home with a view of the river. Accommodations are furnished with generous amenities including plush bedding, a bathroom and heat & air conditioning. Your tent features an extra level of luxury with a covered porch, wooden interior walls.
The tents marry a magical wilderness atmosphere with the comforts of home with a view of the river. Accommodations are furnished with generous amenities including plush bedding, a bathroom and heat & air conditioning. Your tent features an extra level of luxury with a covered porch, wooden interior walls separating living spaces, as well as a small kitchen and dining area.
Full use of all camp amenities including:
- Private Riverfront Access
- Swimming pool
- Coffee Shop
- Additional Bath House
- Community Garden
- Basketball Court
- We have 3 Luxury Glamping Tents reserved for this event.
- You can choose to share a room in the Bunk Room (2 single bunks) or have a larger room and bed to yourself in the Queen Room. (You also have the option to share the Queen Room with a friend – but we will not pair you with a stranger to share a bed.)
- Space is limited to 12 women
- 3 Nights lodging
- Thursday night Reception and Dinner
- Friday & Saturday – Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Educational Presentations on Fly Fishing in the Smokies, Women in Fly Fishing and Improving Your Cast with Jen Ripple and Charity Rutter
- Streamside Instruction on Reading the Water and Where to Fish
- Sunday Brunch
- All camp gear, bedding and towels are supplied in luxury tents.
What you should bring with you:
- TN Fishing license with a trout stamp is recommended for our camp. You can get licenses in advance online at Tennessee: https://license.gooutdoorstennessee.com/Licensing/CustomerLookup.aspx. Since we are camping on the river just outside of the National Park boundary, a trout stamp is required to fish the waters at camp. Fishing for rainbow trout and smallmouth is good through camp. Your TN fishing license is good for fishing in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park wild trout streams.
- Rod & Reel: 7 1/2′-9′ for 3-5 weight line for Smokies streams
- Lightweight Waders & Felt Sole Wading Boots: Rubber sole boots are a poor choice for wading in the Smokies and are dangerous. Felt soles are the only ones we recommend. Since we are fishing the end of May, it may be warm enough to wet wade using only neoprene booties and wading boots. However, afternoon rain showers are common and you may stay warmer in waders. We can rent boots and/or waders with advance notice. We need your boot and wader size to bring the appropriate gear.
- Quick Dry/Wicking shirts and shorts/pants. Wearing quick dry or breathable clothing and socks will make you more comfortable whether wearing waders or not.
- Polarized Sunglasses – so you can see the fish and for safety so you can see where you are stepping in the river
- Subdued colored clothing for fishing – greens, greys, browns, muted blues
- Fishing Cap – also in subdued colors for fishing the park or large brim hat for tailwater trips.
- Lightweight Rain Jacket – Short rain showers are common
- Backpack, Duffle Bag or Gear Bag: With all the gear and accessories you’ll be bringing, we recommend you put all your belongings in a bag for easy transport as we head up the river.
- Pack your favorite camp clothes for 3 nights at camp and 3 days playing in the river.
- Toiletries – each Luxury Tent has a bathroom with shower. There are also additional bath houses at camp.
- River/Beach Towel if you choose to swim while at camp.v
- Swimsuit & Water Shoes/Sandals
- Light jacket/sweatshirt/fleece for the cool mountain mornings and eveningsv
- Refillable Water Bottle and Coffee Cup/Travel Mug
- Bunkroom Single Bed/Shared Room – $850.00 per person
- Queen/Private Room – $1,000.00 per person
- Queen Room shared with your friend – $800.00 per person
Event will be held at a Townsend campground at the entrance of Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee.
50% Deposit Holds Your Reservation – Make Deposit Online or Call: 865-448-0467